Sunday, March 22, 2020 / by Greg Langhaim
The coronavirus pandemic is affecting people in an abundance of different ways, one of which includes businesses having to close down resulting in unemployment. According to an NPR/Marist poll conducted, 18% of households already reported someone being laid off or having hours reduced due to the coronavirus outbreak. Job stability is essential for many families in Boise and the surrounding Treasure Valley, here are a couple of opportunities that may be exactly what you need to push through the coronavirus outbreak.
- Albertsons has announced that they are hiring at all locations with immediate openings to help fulfill their current needs. Check with the store director at your nearest location or apply online. TIP: We heard stopping in will lead to quicker results
- Positions at WinCo are changing day to day based off their current demand. You can easily find jobs on WinCo depending on specific locations her
- The Boise Co-op is continuing to fill positions to keep up with the needs of our community during these times. To see what positions are available and how to apply:
- Walmart’s all throughout the valley are hiring technicians, sales associates, and cashiers. Find what locations and what positions are available:
- With 3 stores around the Boise area, Target is continuing to stay busy and see a need to continue adding to their team. See what positions are available:
- HB Specialty Foods is looking to immediately hire Productions Associates, no experience needed with immediate benefits! Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Boise Route Works is hiring Amazon delivery drivers to drop off Amazon packages throughout the Boise area. Email resumes to email@example.com.
- CaptionCall has multiple job openings at all locations for immediate hire, applications and positions are available online.
- Westside Drive-In is looking to hire at their State Street location. Send in your resume online.
- SL Start is looking to hiring trusting caregivers, apply online.
Services such as Instacart, DoorDash, GrubHub, Postmates and Uber Eats are likely seeing a surge in demand as local businesses are continuing to serve through these third-party platforms. Visit each company's website to learn more and sign up.
Our goal is to continue being a valuable resource for the community during these stressful times. Pleasee if you know of any other Boise area businesses that are continuing to hire!